"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Pages

This year I did... literally. Never thought anyone could make me run, yet even now, I have just returned from the invigorating exercise. I have this thing with the warm seasons; not only is the sun necessary for my health and happiness, but it is MANDATORY for my SANITY. If I am running in it, then I feel like I'm getting the absolute best of more than two worlds :). I'm soaking in the vitamin D necessary to store up for my next hibernation, and healthy exercise... among other things. It's probably more beneficial than simply laying in it on the roof ;). I LOVE to be outside now... come February, I have cabin fever so badly, I'd just about die to get away. The Lord has been gracious to me to bring spurts of warm air so early in the year... it almost makes a mid-April blizzard bearable... almost.

Running is out of character for me, and I don't mind saying so. Even people I'm not related to don't believe I'm doing it. Not only is the actual exercise very anti-Chloe (that is, in fact, my real name :D), but the gear to wear is the antitheses of me as a fashion statement. The first time I went, I had to borrow
everything. However, "sporty-girl" is apparently not too bad on me :P. Everything I did today is not usual: I wore my hair in a ponytail with a thin elastic headband, capris with stripes down the sides, and a t-shirt *grins*. When I came home, I was greeted at the door by my father who said very inquisitively:

"Where were you?!?"
"Out running..."
"Reeeally?? Aw, you look
so cute in your bright... sporty clothes." (haha)

Anyways, If you need a good way to burn energy, and are otherwise not inclined to do so, run
.

4 Comment(s):

Jordan said...

Haha, Good for you! That is *really* out of character for you... but in a good way :)

~jo

Anonymous said...

Wow...who'd a thunk? Chloe, er, Melanie, RUNNING!! Good for you...mmm, those bike rides Ruby and I took sure did make me feel good...:P

Olivia Howard said...

Guess what, Chloe? You got me (yep, another rarely sporty girl) to walk/ run 1.5 miles today! And I might just do it again sometime... ;-)

And, hey, I got some sun while I was at it! ;-)

Ruby Jean Hopkins said...

Well, Olivia, you might have gotten some sun... but there's nothing like getting a tan on the roof in March!! :) You should try it sometime!! Er, maybe if you come here. :) Good for you!