"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Pages

An outfit for a speech and debate tournament this weekend at Cedarville University... (and where did I get the nerve to compete in this??) I let myself get carried away with the design ;-)... and kept adding ruffles and frills, and I am extremely thrilled with the outcome :-). I thought it was time I posted a creation of mine on here, so here it is :





7 Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Good grief! Are you quite sure you got enough bows and frills in there?? It's a blouse, not a ball gown, Melanie. You're giving a speech in THAT? I seriously hope your judge is a fashion designer and doesn't have any idea what they're doing regarding professional attire and speech.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you'll look great in it, and I really _can't wait_ to see pictures of the actual YOU in it! ;^)
I'm purposly ignoring the last comment...you know what you're doing. :-)
-Rach

Anonymous said...

Jack, "AHH I CAN'T EVEN SEE WHAT IT IS FROM ALL THE FRILLS!" Me: "Hold on, hold on...here." Jack: "Oh, that is pretty!"

:-P

Unknown said...

Nice, Chloe! You'll definitely bring some interest to the tournament!
Megan

Olivia Howard said...

Oh, I'm falling more and more in love with it every time I look at it!! It is simply GORGEOUS and with the plain black skirt, very professional looking. <3

Chloe Laurene said...

Dear Anonymous commenter...

I quite understand your point of view, however, you have not persuaded me to share it. Thankfully, I got no comments on my ballots about it being distracting, so I'm assuming the judges didn't much care. Might I persuade you to consider what 'feminine flair' means?? Trust me, if I were going to a ball... nevermind, you'd probably hate that worse.

Thank you for being brutally honest :-) I appreciate it.

~Melanie

Tifani said...

I am out gathering info for my son's middle school debate team on what to wear to competitions. I ADORE your outfit and hope that you were successful at your competition. I hope I can use your post to inspire my son's coach to loosen up a bit on his very rigid dress code for competitons as I think my son would perform better if he was more himself. I bet you looked adorable in your top and now kinda wish I had an outfit like that for me. :)