"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Pages


We live in an apartment with white walls that we can't paint, and to begin with, all of our bedding was white. Being a color person, this was bad. SO, before I went crazy living in our little psych ward, something had to be done about the bed. pictured above is my inexpensive alternative to the duvet I wanted from Pottery Barn. The idea was my mother's, and the commission was by my husband (even though he said I could still order from PB). He thought it would be a good project for me to work on, and he was right. I had so much fun putting the pieces together. If you asked me where I got my bedding though my answer would be something like 'Bed Bath & Beyond, Macy's, Kohls, Jo-ann Fabrics, Elder Beerman, left-over wedding supplies, the living room, the closet, etc'. By creating and building my own coverings and pillows on the base of a solid duvet I found on clearance, I was able to save at least half the cost of the Pottery Barn Beauty. A nice mattress set was what we agreed on as a wedding gift to ourselves, and a nice mattress needs to be trimmed beautifully (and what's a pretty bed without a canopy?). So now when I look at our bed, I feel like we're a prince and princess living our happily ever after. I feel as if I've been resourceful.

0 Comment(s):