"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Pages


There's a big difference between a "NEED" and a "WANT".

As a parent, it is very important to meet ones' children's needs... and quite often, meeting those needs means depriving them of their wants. But even more critical is discerning which are which. I am learning just how difficult that is.

As mother and daddy are on a trip in Mexico, and Peter is no longer a resident in this house, I have been placed in charge of the six younger ones. It's been easy and hard, pleasant and not SO pleasant, they've laughed and cried, but I. Have. Enjoyed. Every. Minute. Of. It.

I think the Lord is using this experience to reveal to me what His will for my life is... I have never felt so strongly before that my calling is to be a wife and mother.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home is where my passion lies.

Little instances help to cement this conviction in me. For example:

I took Duncan, Luther, and Olivia to the thrift store. Our family is well known by the people who work there, and they like us :D. When it was asked where my mother was (she's usually the one who brings the kids in), and revealed that I was caring for them, a lady standing by remarked:

"If I had three younger siblings, I wouldn't watch them..."

"Well, actually, I have six..."

**shocked expression**

This kind of mindset is so repulsive to me... I can't ever imagine NOT wanting to (well, I feel the need to as well :P)!! I couldn't believe it!! Well, maybe a little... but... how could she say something like that??

It's the work I am being 'cut out and sewn' for.

With Love from a house full of Joy,

3 Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

:) Praise God for what He is doing in this generation in the midst of a culture that views children as burdens and women who stay at home as mentally deficient. These "deficient" women are looking to be used of the Lord to nurture the next generation to take their places as leaders for Him.

Elizabeth J. said...

Hi there, this is my first time dropping by your blogspot. If you're wonedering, I arrived here from Eager Hands blog. If you would like, feel welcome to come by my blog.

Anonymous said...

I like this post! God bless you.

found y'all by clicking on "anything Beethoven" :) me too!