"Let the wife make the husband glad to come home,
and let him make her sorry to see him leave."

Pages

Ruby got the surprise of a lifetime a few days ago.

For quite a few months, a deep secret was up 20 person's sleeves... no one was to breathe a word. It was necessary, however, to discuss it in small groups... at such times it almost slipped as she (aforesaid recipient of aforesaid surprise) interrupted unknowingly. She never suspected.

This most precious secret was most dangerously close to being revealed when she got a confirmation email concerning the registration of said surprise. We endeavored (and succeeded) in convincing her that it must me a virtual communication of the basest kind: spam.

The heretofore mentioned 20 persons are the most gracious, loving, and generous group I know. They helped to keep the secret, and helped to make it happen... the dream became a reality.

In short, it was our most sincere desire that Ruby be presented with a 13" white MacBook... a thing she wanted ever so much, but had no hopes of raising the funds for. We did what we could to make it happen.

And I beg you to understand that I understand that it was only by God's grace, and through His will that this came about.

I promised said 20 persons that we would videotape and publish her reaction... so without further ado, "Ruby Jean Grows a Wish".

(You should also know that this is what she wished for when she blew the candle out :D)





2 Comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Ruby darling! That is the sweetest thing I've seen today....I almost started crying too!

I love you!
Er, and you too, *cough* of course, Chloe. :P
<3 Rachel

EmmaElaine said...

Oh Ruby! I don't think I could have smiled bigger the whole time! I'm so glad you like it! And I'm sure you'll put it to good use! ;-D

Love you both!
~Emma